A few random thoughts on gingerbread-house-making:
* I bought much more separate candy in case I'd have to bake the house parts myself.
* It's hard to find the right kit. I visited three stores before getting this one.
* The kids love me. They said I'm the best person ever.
* The candy appearing on the final picture are roughly one-fifth of the initial amount of candy I bought.
* All the candy wasn't eaten only by the kids.
* The small peppermint candy used on the window are delicious and low in calories.
* We managed to make the house stand upright! Even though at first the walls kept falling apart.
A few random thoughts in general:
* It's Christmas!
* It's really too warm for Christmas!
* I want a cupcake. I'm getting my hair/nails done and then heading off to Georgetown Cupcakes in Bethesda.
* I still have gifts to buy.
* I'm glad I got Mum the perfect gift.
* I really want a doll-faced Persian kitten and a Pomeranian puppy. Or a long-haired chihuahua.
* I think in all humility that I make the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world.
Last but not least:
* I wish an excellent holiday season to all my readers! Thanks for sticking with me! You're the best!
* I love chocolate. Too much.