What I like about compiling a birthday wishlist is that I can think like a spoiled brat for once (okay, I tend to do it rather often, but well); this right becomes even more implanted as one girl gets older and thus needs a night of fun, partying, celebration and Veuve Clicquot to forget that the clock is ticking (Trixie, by the way, if you want to hire a male stripper to surprise me, you know I like look-alikes of Marlon Brando, James Dean and Paul Newman... OH, and let's not forget James Denton, who plays Mike Delfino on Desperate Housewives. RAWR).
So, back to compiling the wishlist (more or less by priority):
- Places to see Anna Netrebko in Manon (by Massenet) at the Metropolitan Opera this April.
- A Macbook Air, to make my writing sessions at small coffee shops or carrying a laptop for class easier for my poor back (and my stiletto-clad feet).
- The Sims 3 Pets. Although I'd love to have every other add-on released, it isn't healthy either for my dangerous procrastination habit or my hard-drive. If I have to choose one, I'd rather make my redheaded Sims alter-ego (single, lives in a cute cottage off the beach) adopt six or seven Persian cats. That is, before I move in my own place (more likely an apartment in the middle of DC or New York, although I'm flirting with the idea of a small cozy house right off the beach in a small town on the Atlantic Ocean...).
- The full Desperate Housewives DVD series. That is, because I am tired of having to fast-forward through commercials, accidentally delete the DVR episodes, or deal with a crappy internet connection on Netflix or Hulu.
- A Chanel 2.55 bag. It's been off my lust list for a while because too many women seemed to have it (or knock-offs of it), and not the fashionable kind. But hell, it's a classic timeless bag and it's a certain investment. Unless an authentic crocodile Kelly from the 1960s is waiting for me somewhere....
- A luxurious eye cream. I am not yet twenty that I am already seeing bags and dark circles under my eyes, and I am replacing my acne-fighting routine with Retinol and such (still a novice in the wrinkle-fighting department, so bear with me). Now that is due perhaps to lack of sleep, excessive caffeine consumption, stress, but I can take the easy way and just blame it on aging, and get it fixed by all means.
- A [insert astronomic amount] Starbucks gift card. Although I am trying to cut caffeine in order not to get too accustomed to it (to the point where it stops working), I still consume a lot of Pomegranate Oolong and "Venti Ice Passion tea with two Splenda".
- A spa treatment at Elizabeth Arden Red Door. That is, by far, one of my favourite treats (as in, reserved for the day this redhead got her admission letter to her first-choice university...).
- Modcloth dresses inspired by Downton Abbey and the 1950s, and that shell purse I've been lusting over for a while. I'm in love with everything this website has, and I only wish they'd open a few stores so I could actually try on the clothes, since I am not a fan of online shopping. I can see them having a cute boutique in Downtown Bethesda...
- Shoes, shoes, and more shoes. Call me Imelda Marcos, but as my relatives and friends know, shoes are one thing I can't live without. If I were to be stranded on a desert island, I'd rather be with my... [won't say the number] pairs (and photos and letters of loved ones) than with anything else.*
*Of course, this is due to the fact that even with smart essentials (sunscreen, Altoids, water purifier thing, matches, alligator repellent), I won't survive the desert island scenario (nor the horror movie). Autant mourir, better die in style, non?
- More shoes. Stilettos only. The more likely wearer is to trip/break her neck, the better. Blue preferred, although my trademark red would be welcome, as well as bright coral, to adhere with the spring trends.